NoDa Brewing Company is participating in a collaboration and important social initiative with 1,000 other breweries in 50 states and 19 countries that’s the brainchild of the founder and head brewer of Weathered Souls Brewing Company.
“With the current tensions that are rising we thought that it was of grave importance to start the Black Is Beautiful initiative,” said Marcus B. with Weathered Souls Brewing. “We took a stout recipe and decided to call on our peers in the brewing industry to collaborate in unison for equality and inclusion amongst people of color. All proceeds from the purchase of these releases will be donated to local funds that support police brutality reform and legal defenses.”
In early June, NoDa Brewing shared its announcement to join the cause, expressing passion and commitment to be a catalyst of change. Instead of donating beer proceeds, the brewery has already donated $10,000 to local nonprofit Emancipate NC, which strives to dismantle structural racism and mass incarceration in North Carolina.
NoDa’s Black is Beautiful Beer is a unique, complex, crisp dark pilsner that was released July 31 at the NorthEnd taproom, where it’s available on draft and to-go in four-packs. Look for it at retailers starting August 3. If you have questions about the brew or where to find it, email email@example.com. Get it while it lasts!
What else is new in the world of brew?
- The hot summer seasonal Margarita Gose was released July 24.
- A fun and unique IPA Day Package & Virtual Tasting (including beer, cheese & pretzels, lots of swag, and a tasting experience & education session with the head brewer) is on tap for August 6.
- Roaring Riot Rye Ale seasonal can cheer you up starting August 7.
- If you’re already over summer and in the mood for fall, GABF gold medal award winner Gordgeous Pumpkin Ale releases August 14.
- And if you’re desperately clinging to the last days of summer, Dreamsicle IPA releases August 21.
Check the website and social media for taproom and brew-thru hours, daily menus and deals, taproom guidelines, food truck days, and special announcements. Share your beer can pics on social media using #showyourcans and you could win swell swag! Cheers!