What a wild ride it has been for North Carolina taprooms! When the state announced its plan to partially reopen at the end of May, restaurants were approved to do so, bars were not, and taprooms were left hanging in the balance. Miraculously, the state made a same-day decision to allow breweries, brewpubs, and taprooms to safely open as well.
NoDa Brewing Company, anticipating Phase 2, had a plan in place yet cautiously waited a few days before allowing eager customers to return. Once again the brewery had to pivot, changing its serving model and bringing the bartenders who were waiting in the wings back into the fold and retraining them.
The brewery has decided to keep the original (OG) taproom on N. Davidson St. closed for now (previously open on weekends), and to reopen the N. Tryon St. (North End) taproom for four days a week (previously open every day). It also decided to keep the new (thanks to COVID-19) NoDa Brew-Thru at North End operating daily from 12 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., along with the Deal of the Day.
And, for your dining pleasure, food trucks are back! Check the events section on nodabrewing.com or the brewery’s Facebook page for the schedule for each Thursday through Sunday, and upcoming beer release news as well.
What you need to know before visiting during Phase 2:
- The large patio is open for table service. A host will seat you, and a bartender will take your order and serve you. Credit card payments only.
- Six people maximum per table. Tables are spaced six feet apart and sanitized after each use.
- All ages welcome. No standing or loitering, just like at a restaurant.
- Restrooms in the taproom are open to customers (mask required) and are cleaned every 15 minutes. Need a cool mask? Black NoDa logo ones are $5!
- No patio games, but you can bring table games. Radio Haze IPA playing cards and a lot of other merchandise is available to purchase via your bartender or the drive-thru.
- Dogs are welcome on a leash, as always.
When Phase 3 rolls out, in addition to the patio, customers will be welcome to drink and eat inside the North End taproom once again (Thursdays through Sundays), and the brewery still plans to offer the convenience of the daily drive-thru.
Check nodabrewing.com for more information and potential updates as the brewery continues to navigate this uncharted territory. Cheers!