- The Crime and Safety Committee actively pursues a safe, responsible living environment in NoDa by supporting our law enforcement officers and working with the City to address pedestrian and safety concerns from our neighbors
- Build a partnership with the community to reduce crime and improve livability
- Instill a greater sense of security while reducing the fear of crime
- Work with the City to reduce pedestrian, bicycle, and car accidents across the neighborhood
- The Committee meets with our neighbors and local law enforcement on the second Monday of every month at the Johnston YMCA
PLEASE STOP POSTING SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY ON NEXT DOOR AND NOT REPORTING TO THE POLICE,
you may have valuable information that will help our police officers.
CALL 911 if you see anything suspicious in the area!
Protect yourself, your home, your property, and your vehicle.
Lock doors and windows and set your security system when leaving.
Upgrade doors, locks, hardware and outdoor lighting.
Have a security inspection done by law enforcement professionals.
Keep valuables secure.
Mark valuable property and record serial numbers.
Attend the monthly Crime and Safety meetings.
Be a good neighbor.
• Get to know the people who live near you.
• Have a way to contact neighbors and one for them to get back in touch with you.
• Watch out for suspicious activity at neighbors’ homes and ask them to do likewise for you.
• Share information with your neighbors.
Street light outages:
Criminals like shadows so, if you see a light out, take note of the closest intersection or residence
address and do one or more of the following:
• Report the outage through the Duke Power web site
• Create a service request through CharMeck.org
• Call 311
Larceny from Auto remains one of the most prevalent crimes in NoDa. The following are helpful suggestions to avoid becoming a victim of vehicle burglaries:
• Lock your car / Take your keys (66% of LFA’s doors are unlocked)
• Park in well-lit areas
• Avoid parking between larger vehicles
• Take detachable radios and face plates
• Lock garage door
• Engrave expensive items
• Install car alarm
• Do Not leave Firearms in a vehicle
• Avoid leave valuables in plain view
• (Remove all valuables items and place in trunk if they must be left inside vehicle)
Contact CMPD Eastway – In an Emergency call 911
CMPD Eastway Division Contact Info:
Address: 3505 Central Ave. Charlotte, NC 28205
Phone: (704) 336-8536
Pedestrian & Traffic Study
The NoDa Neighborhood and Business Association (NBA) is working with our neighbors, Charlotte Department of Transportation (CDOT), and our City Council Representative to identify and prioritize the pedestrian and traffic concerns in NoDa. As part of the NoDa Board’s efforts, we have already identified many concerns and prioritized them based on neighbor feedback. We are now meeting with CDOT and City Council on a quarterly basis to address those concerns.NoDa-NBA_Traffic-Pedestrian-Safety-Update_2019_01-1
Below is the NoDa NBA Crime and Safety Committee contact form.
In an emergency dial 9-1-1