Perhaps the next time you taste a craft beer or Brizo seltzer from NoDa Brewing, you’ll enjoy an added experience; a little flavor of American history. Last month, the brewery eagerly welcomed tanks from Stoudts Brewing Company in Adamstown, Pa., an hour from Philadelphia and eight hours from Charlotte. The well-loved tanks bring with them a legacy of women in brewing.
“As the first female brewmaster since prohibition, Carol Stoudt helped to pioneer the Craft Brewing movement in the late eighties and early nineties by personally providing support and encouragement to fledgling breweries. Stoudt’s Microfests provided fruitful networking opportunities for brewers and members of the burgeoning craft beer industry.
As Carol prepares for retirement, she has made the difficult decision to close the brewery that helped to inspire a generation of craft beer drinkers. ‘I did my part. Now it is up to the new generation to continue the tradition of innovation that defines craft beer.’” – Stoudts Brewing Company
The NoDa acquisition consists of four fermenters (120 barrels each), and two brite/conditioning tanks (120 and 180 barrels). The company is delighted and honored to have these working relics and looks forward to sharing them in person with guests one day when brewery tours begin again.
More exciting news
- Updated taproom and brew-thru operating days are in effect. The Northend taproom and brew-thru are open Wednesdays through Sundays, and closed Mondays and Tuesdays. The North Davidson Street location remains temporarily closed.
- Yoga is back on Sunday mornings with instructor Courtney Cannon! Check nodabrewing.com/events for important details and be sure to follow @noda_hop_yoga on Instagram. Class is only $5.
- Jamaar Valentine is the new taproom general manager. Jamaar has been with the brewery for one year and was recently promoted from assistant general manager. He’s a true perfectionist and professional.
- Lynn Heineman is stepping into a new position for the brewery as South Carolina sales representative. Lynn is a craft beer sales pro based in Charleston. Look for NoDa brews in more and more places whenever you visit our sister state. If you can’t find it there, or in North Carolina, request it for the future! Retailers can contact the brewery through the website.
More exciting brew releases
- Oct. 2: Limited Release Vanilla Gordgeous Pumpkin Ale Cask
- Oct. 9: Annual Sticky When Wet IPA Release
- Oct. 16: Guava Gose Release
For additional new releases, the full menu, and more, check the NoDa Brewing Company North End menu on Untappd.
More exciting taproom events
- Oct. 6: Symphony On Tap
- Oct. 10: Mind Body Baby
- Oct. 15: GABF Virtual Event
- Oct. 20: Symphony On Tap
- Oct. 27: Symphony On Tap
- Oct. 30: 9th Anniversary Celebration
Plus, there’s yoga on Sunday mornings and Run Club on Sundays and Wednesdays. A food truck is on-site every day the taproom is open. Check nodabrewing.com/events for food vendors and times.